Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Inconsistency

Why out of all the things technology could be would it be inconsistent? I thought that was what the technological revolution was all about, making things easier to be spread about the world. Why is it that whenever I try to edit a photo on this god forsaken computer it decides to look mucky in photoshop, nice in the print preview image yet a different color when it prints?!

WHY WORLD! WHY?!

I've been sitting here for the past couple weeks on my designated 9-5 Tuesday and Thursday trying to decipher the super secret codes this computer has in its color projection. It feels like I learned a whole new language. If something looks dark on screen, its going to come out purple. If its way too bright on screen, its going to look perfect. If you want your image to be 8x10, you must change the size to 7.75 and 9.75 every other time you print. If you want something to be sepia... make it black and white. This has not only caused me intense stress (If I keep printing an entire roll of paper on two images, they're going to give me the boot.) but it takes up sooo much time and paper.

Currently, I'm just waiting for the computer to catch up to the scans, disks and files I just pulled up to edit. It feels impossible and though I'm not one to make excuses for my mistakes, I feel as if the computer is laughing at me. Jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment