Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Idle

I've discovered that I rarely come up with great ideas when I'm in a good mood. It usually takes something annoying to spark an idea. Right now, its the printer I'm currently trying to work with.

Color. In early paintings its expressive and symbolic. Purple means royalty, white = purity... good ol' underlying symbolism. Are we trained to react to certain colors? I would have to say yes. There's been tons of studies on the subject but I still like to ponder it.

My favorite part of, well... everything, is the fact that no two people will look at something and see the exact same thing. Everything is subjective. As a little kid, I took everything adults had to say as golden (meaning solid and pure). As I got older I realized everything you know is because somebody else said it, wrote it, drew it, photographed it etc. Nothing is pure. This world is millions of years old and its only getting older.

What's what and why?

Thoughts of the day.

1 comment:

  1. most the time we made up what we told you to appease the situation. just another angle to the delemma!! sorry;)

    ReplyDelete